Saturday, April 28, 2012

Sparky - our Special Order Kitty

This is a layout I made for the April Ugly Paper challenge where you are assigned someone to send 2 pieces of 12x12 ugly paper and an embellishment to someone & you also receive a set from someone else, not necessarily who you sent papers to. You will have to look at my Scrapbook.com gallery to see the original papers (I actually got them in December, but due to my mother's health and other family issues at the time, I had to press pause on this challenge).

One paper was Christmas w/ice skates and sleds for which I punched using a paw print edge punch and cut it into strips to make the boarder around this page. The 2nd ugly paper is that which you see peeking out from behind the left picture- big sun flowers on a red bg. I used a rope edge punch on it. This way I get the papers more as color and texture as the only thing that went together was the color red. I used some CTMH Colonial White paper as my background and a back matt of New England Ivy. I also used those same 2 colors to cut the title Sparky using Cricut cartridge Printing 101. I offset the letters so it makes them look more dimensional. The embellie was 2 overlapping hearts- I cut one off and inked it with blue as hot pink did not seem to fit well with a male Russian Blue cat. Since I had a lot to put in the journal box, I used the computer & printed on Colonial White cardstock to match the bg- I used Chocolate ink & a sponge dauber to give the edge some definition. Overall- very simple. I had to stare at these papers awhile before it came to me though. And I still adjusted the picture placement as how I started isn't where I ended up. I let the pictures tell me where they need to go.

Thanks for stopping by- please leave a comment to let me know you were here & what you think of my project. Your visits are always appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful fur babies! I have three and am babysitting a gorgeous ragdoll for a few weeks. Great page!

    ReplyDelete