Thursday, June 21, 2012

all about my Hubby

Mud Volley Ball:
 My DH playing mud volleyball for a fundraiser when he was active duty at Ft Campbell-you can't really see the photos well because of the glare & how small they are & he did land on his butt & get muddy, but he had fun.

I did this using June Page Maps Week 5 sketch (worked perfect because I really had to crop the dickens out of these pics to focus on my DH- that and some lady's head was a huge part of the left side LOL).

I also did this for the June Monochrome Challenge Week 1, Asparagus. The corresponding page is going to be my DH's promotion to SGT and using the greens worked perfect for both subjects. The papers are CTMH Lucky (now discontinued) w/Desert Sand card stock. The VolleyBall theme items are cut using Cricut Sports Mania cartridge, I stamped the date and Summer using CTMH Save the Date & accented with CTMH durables round & a swirly paperclip & ribbon. The green matt behind ACE! is CTMH New England Ivy cut with the CTMH Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge and run thru the Cuttlebug to give it some texture (hard to see that in this pic tho).


 Promotion to Army SGT:
This was done for the June Monthly Sketch challenge, week 1

Used CTMH paper set Lucky (disc) & CTMH stamp sets Freedom & Hero's Pride. The flourish, scallop oval, star, circle & bg for the boots are all cut on the CTMH Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge. Everything but the bg & flourish are from scraps. I put the tan banner strip & the scallop oval thru the Cuttlebug to give some texture- lightly sanding to bring out the designs- although the gear design on the brown doesn't show well in this picture. The C on the scalloped oval is a cake I made to celebrate the occasion- it says "Made the Cutoff! SGT" on top and I think "Made it at LAST! Finally" around the outside with E-5 on the edge of the C. It's been too long to remember all what was written and this was the only pic I have of the cake. I made a lot of cakes back then.


Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a note & let me know you were here. Have a blessed day. 

1 comment:

  1. Mud volleyball sounds like a hoot! I really like the muted tones you've used on these, masculine without being boring.

    ReplyDelete