Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Splendid Day Cards

I made 2 cards, but only 1 is for Mother's Day as my mom is gone now- I figure I'll use the other as a birthday card or other special day card later.

The card pattern is from CTMH Originals card making book- Center Sash. The flowers, leaves & oval were cut using the CTMH Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge. I stamped the flowers using CTMH stamp set Hooray Bouquet & used Sunny Yellow & Pansy Purple embossing powders.
The leaves & oval saying are stamped using CTMH Harvest Happiness - the leaves embossed w/clear powder mixed with Prisma Glitter and the saying using  clear detail then sponged w/CTMH Blush ink to bring out the edge design and saying. The yellow flowers and saying are applied w/foam tape to give more dimension. I used clear buttons for the flower centers for a little more shimmer without taking away from the colors of the flowers.
 As always- thanks for stopping by- please leave me a comment to let me know you were here. Have a great day.

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Love the colors and the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when you can use a card for more than one occasion! They are lovely. So sorry about your mom :( I hope you use that day to reflect on your mom's awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Charlene, your cards are beautiful. I'm really sorry about your Mom too, mine has been gone for 12yrs now and Mother's Day can be tough sometimes.

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today, I really appreciated your honesty about my mixed media piece. :D That flower is really brown, lol.

    ReplyDelete