Thursday, September 25, 2014

More wine tags- this time from inspiration from Wizard's Hangout embossed snowflakes


I started with CTMH White Daisy card stock. I used the Art Philosophy cartridge and Cricut Craft Room (CCR) to make a rectangle 9" x 3.25" and then put a 1.25" circle in the top of it (make sure you choose 'Don't Weld' so the circle will cut). The score line is at 7" so you want to center that circle in the 2" x 3.25" area that would be the top of the card to go over the neck of the wine bottle.

Next I chose a few snow flake stamps from a couple CTMH sets- one was D1480 Snowflakes which is still available (also Cricut comparable). I stamped with VersaMark and then embossed w/clear embossing powder. Then I sponged Outdoor Denim, Crystal Blue & Glacier (new color) diagonally from one corner to the other as you can see in the photo. I then stamped the same snowflakes I had embossed with in the various 3 blues to create an overlay look.

I cut the Merry Christmas using the CTMH Artbooking cartridge and CCR to weld them together. I then used a white pigment pen (by Uniball- I got mine from Amazon) and highlighted it with dashes of little white lines.

Lastly I cut little cards from the Art Philosophy cartridge replacing the image with an ornament, star & tree of my liking- I wanted it larger than a small image in the corner since my card was already so small. I then put a scrap piece of coordinating card stock behind just the cut out. I stamped "To:" & "From:" inside the card using one of the stamp sets that come with the CTMH cartridges. Now it's ready for punching a small hole in both the card and the tag and attaching it with some baker's twine. I used cranberry.

Thanks for stopping by. Let me know you were here by leaving a comment. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment